Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta + Patches#091;#093; Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 (11/11/2006)
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta
Windows Live Messenger goes beyond the traditional instant messaging (IM) service, enabling people to connect and share, with free PC-to-PC calls and inexpensive calls from a PC to phones around the world, video calling, easy sharing with Sharing Folders, and more.
Windows Live Messenger features the following improvements:
- Video Call
- Windows Live Call with Verizon Web Calling service
- Integration with Windows Live Messenger phones
- Integration with Microsoft LifeCams
- Shared Folders
- Offline Instant Messaging
- Windows Live Contacts
- Integration with other Windows Live Services
- Redesigned, smarter contact cards give you more data about and easier access to your friends
- Your display name, status and personalization roam with you to any computer
- Try PC-to-phone calling with two free calls to virtually any phone in the world
- Better server performance
- Automatic updates
- Improved sign-in performance
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is an update to version 8.0 that contain key bug fixes as well as a few new features. What are the new features? * Improved Vista Compatibility * New Personal Expressions UI (Winks and Emoticon menus, etc) * New Personal Status Message options * A new branding platform * Improved re-authentication at sign in * Roaming display pictures * New platform architecture in key areas such as automatic updates and object store (where your personalized data is kept on your computer)
What is new?
Roaming Identity - Your display name follows you any place you sign into. Now your display picture and personal message will follow you too. If you would prefer they stayed in place you can turn this off (Tools->Options->General -> Sign In -> "Use the same display picture....")
Contact Card - The contact card has gotten a updated look. Instead of a flip it does a slide to toggle between the Spaces and Contact information. Also no more squinting at an icon and trying to figure out what it means the actions on the card are now listed out plain and simple.
Emoticons, Winks, Backgrounds, Display Pictures - The menus have gotten an updated look. They include a recently used list and easy access to featured content so you can get new emoticons, winks, background and display pictures to use. hint: typcially in the featured section the first 4 are free.
SMS Phone Book - You now have a quick way to send SMS to a phone number or add phone numbers for your contacts. Just click the cell phone icon in them main window for a good time.
New Contact Emotion - In 8.0 all our icons got an update but we forgot a very important one. The contact emoticon. Type msn_messenger.gif to send it.
Status Menu includes Sign Out - We noticed people look in the status menu to sign out and so ta-da now you can sign out from the status menu.
Report abuse - Here is something you will hopefully never need to use, but it is there just in case.
Vista Presentation Mode - When you are in Presentation Mode on Vista Messenger will change your status to busy so you can avoid the embarrassing situation of everyone reading your IMs! Don"t worry if you want to show Messenger in your presentation you can turn this off (Tools->Options-> Personal-> My Status -> Show me as "Busy"...).
Behind the scenes changes - This release also includes changes to the "guts" of some of the features. The goal is for these changes to improve your experience. Please let us know if that is not the case.
Messenger Plus! Live 4.10.250 (11/11/2006)
The popular Windows Live Messenger plugin, Messenger Plus! has just been updated!
New major changes in this version are:
- WLM 8.1 beta support.
-Supported Internal registry settings are now documented on the msgpluslive.net site.
- Commands are now recognized even when some characters are automatically replaced by custom emoticons.
- The search feature in the sound panel can now display multiple pages and does not display "get random sound" entries.
-Added an internal message to help skinning applications interact with Messenger Plus!
- Quick texts now always properly parse emoticon codes.
- Arabic language support added with full right-to-left support.
-If messenger crashes when started, all loaded plugins are disabled (a feature similar to Windows Media Player"s).
- Floating contact windows can now be hidden for a couple of seconds when clicking with the middle mouse button on them. Useful when you want to temporarily access something that"s behind the windows.
- Enabled scripts are now displayed first in the preferences panel.